Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Swirling Brick Wall...Where realism meets abstract

        In 2000 I owned a flower shop with my wife, I wanted to paint a floral scene and decided to make the flowers pleasing and normal, but I loved the idea of a swirling wall which defies the laws of physics.  That's why I love abstract art.  


Swirling Brick Wall, 2000 oil on canvas

        Many of the paintings I did in those days were to be placed on the wall behind a vignette with 
an antique piece of furniture, several objects placed around and a silk floral arrangement strategically placed in the middle.  It really sold the flowers.
      
        I don't think I would enjoy painting if it didn't have some intrigue or hidden meaning though.  I especially love the colors in this piece, it really lights up a room.

        It's fun to toy with realism and abstract art at the same time.


ENJOY THE JOURNEY MY FRIENDS...ZMAKEY

ZMAKEY ART STUDIO AND GALLERY
VISIT US AT ZMAKEYART-GOOGLE SITES
FACEBOOK-ZMAKEY ART STUDIO AND GALLERY 
AND
FINE ART AMERICA.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment