Tuesday, May 28, 2013

CHRISTIAN RIESE LASSEN-one of my favorite artists


        We traveled to Maui Hawaii in the late 80’s, during my non-creative years (working in corporate America you know).
        What an incredible place, where you can stand above sea clouds high atop Haleakala, watch a whale breach off the coast of Lahaina, (which is one of the best places for whale watching in the world), you can loose count of the waterfalls along the Hana highway (with it's 600 curves and 54 bridges) and of course the 80 Maui beaches that are simply fabulous.


Maui Beaches



Maui Waterfalls

        But did I mention the snorkeling, there is a small island off the coast of Maui called Molokini, try to imagine half of the top rim of an extinct volcano standing out of the water and the basin of the volcano submerged just below the surface, now imagine all the different species of beautiful fish swimming in that protected underwater marina.  Now try to imagine yourself snorkeling there, what a place.




        There is a good reason why they call it “The Magic Isle”.  I think it is closest you can get to heaven and still be on the earth.

        During our visit I experience the art work of Christian Riese Lassen, who has been recognized the world over for more than 20 years for his unique art and vision.  Regarded as the premier marine artist of our time, his majestic paintings inspire appreciation and awareness of mother earth.
        Raised on the island of Maui, the self taught artist and avid surfer found his original influence in nature and from the ocean and has translated this intimate knowledge into enchanting and popular works of art that has brought us closer to marine life than ever before. His web site is lassenart.com



        His expressions in color are some of the best I have ever experienced and his work overall has certainly inspired me.  
        My favorite painting of his is The Windsurfer, pictured below.  I couldn't afford a print at the time, so I bought at poster, which I had framed.  I really love this piece and it continues to inspire me to this day.


WindSurfer


ENJOY THE JOURNEY MY FRIENDS...ZMAKEY

ZMAKEY ART STUDIO AND GALLERY
VISIT US AT ZMAKEYART-GOOGLE SITES
FACEBOOK-ZMAKEY ART STUDIO AND GALLERY 
AND
FINE ART AMERICA.COM






No comments:

Post a Comment