Tuesday, April 16, 2013

NON-OBJECTIVE ART


Periwinkle Pleasure




     The year was 1970; we were obviously no longer in the turbulent 60’s, however much of that turmoil continued to engulf America.  Crazy war in Vietnam still raging on, with no signs of letting up, politicians who cared more about their re-election chances than their constituents.  When I began to paint this abstract piece, I was still in my angry with senseless war phase; I think I’m still in that phase by the way.

This is the perfect example of non-objective art (as an observer something that you visualize in the painting that no one else can see, not even the artist who painted it).  I love that kind of stuff.  Originally it began as a painting of North America with the U.S. missing, as a protest I guess, but I got over that and started to add a lot of abstract symbolism into it instead, which I like a whole lot better.  I do love the U.S very much in case you were wondering, and feel blessed to live here.

But back to non-objective art and symbolism, as an artist, I enjoy it when someone tries to interpret one of my paintings with what they imagine they are seeing.  I think that art is in the eye of the beholder and if someone feels moved by what they perceive to exist, so be it.

This painting is filled with symbolism, many shapes, and strong structure and if you look deep enough, many cool things begin to emerge.  Color is a large part of this piece as well, in keeping with the influence of Czech painter Frantisek Kupka, who used color to suggest powerful movement; I brought some extreme color combinations into play, with dramatic results.


Periwinkle Pleasure,  acrylic on canvas, prints available at Adjectiveart.com


ENJOY THE JOURNEY MY FRIENDS...ZMAKEY

ZMAKEY ART STUDIO AND GALLERY
VISIT US AT ZMAKEYART-GOOGLE SITES
FACEBOOK-ZMAKEY ART STUDIO AND GALLERY 
AND
FINE ART AMERICA.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment