Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Art is Fun...


Geo prisms, art is fun
     In 1969, just for fun, I painted Geo Prisms, a colorful display of art using geometric shapes. I used acrylic paint on a canvas board.  Many times you can use lines and shapes to achieve an over all structure and depth.  In this case I used color to make you wonder what the true background really is, plus by inserting the window in this piece it opens up many possibilities for thought.  The lines take you into an abyss, which gives the piece an added dimension.

    My mental process at that time was to look for a less complicated world, which I now have come to realize does not exist.  I personally love the color combination.

     I believe you can truly express your feelings or in this case, capture a moment in time on canvas by using color to achieve abstract art.  Many artists I know take art to serious and it becomes work, they get stressed out and they never enjoy the process.  I believe and always will that for me, art is fun.  If you just let it happen, it will, and you will experience a real feeling of accomplishment.


Geo Prisms, 1969, acrylic on canvas, print available at ADJECTIVEART.COM



ENJOY THE JOURNEY MY FRIENDS...ZMAKEY

ZMAKEY ART STUDIO AND GALLERY
VISIT US AT ZMAKEYART-GOOGLE SITES
FACEBOOK-ZMAKEY ART STUDIO AND GALLERY 
AND
FINE ART AMERICA.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment